By entering this competition, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the competition at www.lookup.solar/legal. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records.
You may enter this competition if you are resident of the United Kingdom and 18 years old or older at the time of entry. You must also provide to us your valid email address so we can contact you if you are a winner. You must also enter the competition through the Look Up mobile phone application. You are not eligible to enter this competition if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of The 10:10 Foundation or any of its advertising or promotion agencies. You promise that all the personal information you provide to The 10:10 Foundation in connection with this competition shall be complete and accurate.
You can enter by using the Look Up mobile application and finding rooftops which are suitable for a solar PV installation. You do not have to pay to enter, although please note that if you enter using the mobile phone app your standard network data charges will apply. No purchase is necessary. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. You promise that your entry is original and owned by you, and you have not borrowed or copied it (in whole or in part) from anyone else.
Any entry made or attempted to be made to the competition in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other entrants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the competition. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating, hacking, deception, use of robots or other automated programmes. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
The competition opens at 00.01 on 26th September 2016 GMT and closes at 07:00 on 30th October 2016 GMT. If you make any entries outside of this period they will not be valid.
The winning Prize is two places on a Demand Energy Equality solar panel making workshop in London, including accommodation in London (if you live outside London) and reasonable travel expenses (up to the value of £300), to be arranged by The 10:10 Foundation, plus one Rapanui Gift Bag Bundle (https://rapanuiclothing.com/product/gift-bag-bundle/). Two runners-up will also be selected, who will receive one Rapanui Gift Bag Bundle each. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and winners will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on their prize. Only one prize will be awarded per person.
You will own your submitted entries, including any copyright. By entering the draw, you give The 10:10 Foundation (including our group and affiliate companies) the right to edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, and for use on the The 10:10 Foundation website, Facebook and/or Twitter pages both during and after the prize draw period, without any payment to you.
The winners will be the entrant(s) who have used the Look Up application to find greatest amount of rooftop kWp capacity, as judged by The 10:10 Foundation team between 19th September and 30th October 2016.
9. The first prize winner will be the entrant who has submitted locations which together contain the largest amount of solar PV kWp potential. The second prize winner will be the entrant who has submitted locations which together contain the second largest amount of solar PV kWp potential. The third prize winner will be the entrant who has submitted locations which together contain the third largest amount of solar PV kWp potential.
10. If there is a tie for any of the three places, then the entries that are tied for a particular place will be entered into a random draw, and the name selected will be the winner of that particular prize. The 10:10 Foundation's decision will be final.
We will notify the winners by email and/or by telephone to the email address or telephone number you provided to us within 7 days of the closing date (30th October 2016). We may ask winners to submit valid identification before we send you the prize.
We will make all reasonable attempts to notify the winners. If we are not able to contact potential winners within 28 days of the first notification attempt then we may withdraw your prize entitlement and select an alternative winner by the method described in paragraph 9.
All three winners will have their Rapanui Gift Bag Bundle delivered to them by standard post to the address provided to us. The winner of the first prize will receive information about their trip to the Demand Energy Equality solar panel making workshop via email.
You may request the last name and county of the prize winner(s) by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Look Up Competition, The 10:10 Foundation, PO Box 64749, London NW1W 8HE. By entering this competition you give us permission to make available your last name and county if you win.
Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner of this competition.
We may require the winners to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this competition, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £2000. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this competition.
We are not responsible for:
You acknowledge that the prize is provided by a third parties not related to The 10:10 Foundation. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this competition or the provision of the prizes and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure.
Although the Look Up mobile application is available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, the prizes contained within this competition are not provided and the competition is not endorsed or sponsored by either Apple or Google in any way.
If you wish to take court proceedings against The 10:10 Foundation you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
This competition is run by The 10:10 Foundation, a charitable incorporated organisation registered in England and Wales with the Charity Commission under registration 1157363. Our registered address is 10:10, 7th Floor, 90 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6XX.
1. The prize draw will start on 00.01 on 19th September 2016 and end at 23.59 on 10th October 2016 (the "Prize Draw Period").
2. To be eligible to win a Prize, each entrant to the prize draw (an "Entrant") must download the Look Up phone application and register for an account using the app in accordance with the entry criteria and guidelines available at www.lookup.solar.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the prize draw.
4. The 10:10 Foundation accepts no responsibility for lost, damaged, incomplete or delayed entries. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt. No entries will be returned.
5. Entries received outside of the Prize Draw Period will not be eligible to win a Prize.
6. Entries that are incomplete will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted by The 10:10 Foundation for Entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
7. Six winners (each a "Winner") will be chosen at random by The 10:10 Foundation in the presence of an independent observer from all eligible Entries submitted during the Prize Draw period between 00.01 on 19th September and 23.59 on 10th October 2016.
8. The 10:10 Foundation’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Prize Draw.
9. A total of six goodie-bag prizes will be available. There will be one (1) prize of a solar goodie bag containing a chocolate bar, a 10:10 tag, a Look Up beach ball and a Look Up temporary tattoo and a voucher for two Odeon Cinema tickets. There will be one (1) prize of a solar goodie bag containing a chocolate bar, a 10:10 tag, a Look Up beach ball, a Look Up temporary tattoo and twenty-four (24) vouchers to the value of £4.99 redeemable for Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. There will be one (1) prize of a solar goodie bag containing a chocolate bar, a 10:10 tag, a Look Up beach ball, a Look Up temporary tattoo and a twelve (12) month Taste Card (http://www.tastecard.co.uk/) membership. There will be three (3) prizes of a solar goodie bag containing a chocolate bar, a 10:10 tag, a Look Up beach ball and a Look Up temporary tattoo. Each goodie bag constitutes one "Prize" and together these are the "Prizes").
10. One Prize will be distributed at random to each Winner. Winners will be selected at random from those who have downloaded the Look Up app and registered for an account using the Look Up app.
11. The 10:10 Foundation will have fulfilled all of its obligations to each Winner in respect of the Prize upon the delivery of the Prize to that Winner. Each Winner is responsible for all other costs incurred in connection with the receipt and/or use of their Prize.
12. There is no cash or other alternative to the Prize stated and the Prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the Prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. Notwithstanding the above, in the event that the Prize is unavailable, due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of The 10:10 Foundation, The 10:10 Foundation may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Prize offered under this Prize Draw, provided that any alternative prize offered in replacement of the Prize shall be of equal or greater value than the original Prize.
13. Each winner will be contacted by The 10:10 Foundation within ten (10) days of the end of the Prize Draw Period by email or telephone if provided at the time of entry.
14. If the winner cannot be contacted and/or does not confirm acceptance of his/her Prize within ten (10) days of notification then the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and The 10:10 Foundation shall re-allocate the Prize by choosing another winner at random from the other eligible Entries submitted during the Prize Draw Period. This process shall be repeated until a winner claims the Prize and is identified as the winner of that Prize.
15. Once we have successfully notified a Winner that they are eligible to receive a Prize, we will send that Winner their Prize via standard postal delivery within thirty (30) days of such successful notification.
16. The name and county of each Winner will be published on the 10:10 website following the decision of The 10:10 Foundation and acceptance of the Prize by the winner. By entering this prize draw, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
17. Entrants to the Prize Draw will be automatically signed up to the 10:10 campaign.
20. If any provision or part of these Terms is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms shall remain in force.