LOOK UP COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering this competition, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the competition at www.lookup.solar/legal. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records.
You may enter this competition if you are resident of the United Kingdom and 18 years old or older at the time of entry. You must also provide to us your valid email address so we can contact you if you are a winner. You must also enter the competition through the Look Up mobile phone application. You are not eligible to enter this competition if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or sub-contractor of The 10:10 Foundation or any of its advertising or promotion agencies. You promise that all the personal information you provide to The 10:10 Foundation in connection with this competition shall be complete and accurate.
3. HOW TO ENTER
You can enter by using the Look Up mobile application and finding rooftops which are suitable for a solar PV installation. You do not have to pay to enter, although please note that if you enter using the mobile phone app your standard network data charges will apply. No purchase is necessary. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. You promise that your entry is original and owned by you, and you have not borrowed or copied it (in whole or in part) from anyone else.
4. INVALID ENTRIES
Any entry made or attempted to be made to the competition in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other entrants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the competition. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person, cheating, hacking, deception, use of robots or other automated programmes. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
5. STARTING AND CLOSING DATES
The competition opens at 00.01 on 26th September 2016 GMT and closes at 07:00 on 30th October 2016 GMT. If you make any entries outside of this period they will not be valid.
The winning Prize is two places on a Demand Energy Equality solar panel making workshop in London, including accommodation in London (if you live outside London) and reasonable travel expenses (up to the value of £300), to be arranged by The 10:10 Foundation, plus one Rapanui Gift Bag Bundle (https://rapanuiclothing.com/product/gift-bag-bundle/). Two runners-up will also be selected, who will receive one Rapanui Gift Bag Bundle each. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may be considered a taxable benefit and winners will be directly responsible for any taxes payable on their prize. Only one prize will be awarded per person.
7. RIGHTS TO YOUR ENTRY
You will own your submitted entries, including any copyright. By entering the draw, you give The 10:10 Foundation (including our group and affiliate companies) the right to edit, publish and use your entry in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, and for use on the The 10:10 Foundation website, Facebook and/or Twitter pages both during and after the prize draw period, without any payment to you.
8. SELECTION OF WINNERS
The winners will be the entrant(s) who have used the Look Up application to find greatest amount of rooftop kWp capacity, as judged by The 10:10 Foundation team between 19th September and 30th October 2016.
9. The first prize winner will be the entrant who has submitted locations which together contain the largest amount of solar PV kWp potential. The second prize winner will be the entrant who has submitted locations which together contain the second largest amount of solar PV kWp potential. The third prize winner will be the entrant who has submitted locations which together contain the third largest amount of solar PV kWp potential.
10. If there is a tie for any of the three places, then the entries that are tied for a particular place will be entered into a random draw, and the name selected will be the winner of that particular prize. The 10:10 Foundation's decision will be final.
11. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS
We will notify the winners by email and/or by telephone to the email address or telephone number you provided to us within 7 days of the closing date (30th October 2016). We may ask winners to submit valid identification before we send you the prize.
12. FAILURE TO CLAIM PRIZE
We will make all reasonable attempts to notify the winners. If we are not able to contact potential winners within 28 days of the first notification attempt then we may withdraw your prize entitlement and select an alternative winner by the method described in paragraph 9.
13. DELIVERY OF PRIZE
All three winners will have their Rapanui Gift Bag Bundle delivered to them by standard post to the address provided to us. The winner of the first prize will receive information about their trip to the Demand Energy Equality solar panel making workshop via email.
14. LIST OF WINNERS
You may request the last name and county of the prize winner(s) by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Look Up Competition, The 10:10 Foundation, PO Box 64749, London NW1W 8HE. By entering this competition you give us permission to make available your last name and county if you win.
15. FINAL DECISION
Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner of this competition.
16. CONSENT TO USE NAME AND IMAGE
We may require the winners to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this competition, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
17. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
18. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £2000. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this competition.
19. WHAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR
We are not responsible for:
- a. losses not caused by our breach or negligence
- b. indirect losses – these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this competition
- c. entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control
- d. technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control, or
- e. any failure to provide the competition, the prize(s) or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arise because of events outside of our reasonable control.
20. LIABILITY OF THIRD PARTIES
You acknowledge that the prize is provided by a third parties not related to The 10:10 Foundation. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this competition or the provision of the prizes and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure.
21. APP STORES
Although the Look Up mobile application is available through the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, the prizes contained within this competition are not provided and the competition is not endorsed or sponsored by either Apple or Google in any way.
If you wish to take court proceedings against The 10:10 Foundation you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
23. DETAILS OF PROMOTER
This competition is run by The 10:10 Foundation, a charitable incorporated organisation registered in England and Wales with the Charity Commission under registration 1157363. Our registered address is 10:10, 7th Floor, 90 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6XX.
Look Up prize draw terms and conditions
HOW TO ENTER
1. The prize draw will start on 00.01 on 19th September 2016 and end at 10:10 on 10th October 2016 (the "Prize Draw Period").
2. To be eligible to win a Prize, each entrant to the prize draw (an "Entrant") must download the Look Up phone application and register for an account using the app in accordance with the entry criteria and guidelines available at www.lookup.solar.
3. No purchase is necessary to enter the prize draw.
4. The 10:10 Foundation accepts no responsibility for lost, damaged, incomplete or delayed entries. Proof of entry is not proof of receipt. No entries will be returned.
RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
5. Entries received outside of the Prize Draw Period will not be eligible to win a Prize.
6. Entries that are incomplete will be deemed invalid. No responsibility will be accepted by The 10:10 Foundation for Entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
HOW TO WIN
7. Six winners (each a "Winner") will be chosen at random by The 10:10 Foundation in the presence of an independent observer from all eligible Entries submitted during the Prize Draw period between 00.01 on 19th September and 10.10 on 10th October 2016.
8. The 10:10 Foundation’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of the Prize Draw.
9. A total of six goodie-bag prizes will be available. There will be one (1) prize of a solar goodie bag containing a chocolate bar, a 10:10 tag, a Look Up beach ball and a Look Up temporary tattoo and a voucher for two Odeon Cinema tickets. There will be one (1) prize of a solar goodie bag containing a chocolate bar, a 10:10 tag, a Look Up beach ball, a Look Up temporary tattoo and twenty-four (24) vouchers to the value of £4.99 redeemable for Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. There will be one (1) prize of a solar goodie bag containing a chocolate bar, a 10:10 tag, a Look Up beach ball, a Look Up temporary tattoo and a twelve (12) month Taste Card (http://www.tastecard.co.uk/) membership. There will be three (3) prizes of a solar goodie bag containing a chocolate bar, a 10:10 tag, a Look Up beach ball and a Look Up temporary tattoo. Each goodie bag constitutes one "Prize" and together these are the "Prizes").
10. One Prize will be distributed at random to each Winner. Winners will be selected at random from those who have downloaded the Look Up app and registered for an account using the Look Up app.
11. The 10:10 Foundation will have fulfilled all of its obligations to each Winner in respect of the Prize upon the delivery of the Prize to that Winner. Each Winner is responsible for all other costs incurred in connection with the receipt and/or use of their Prize.
12. There is no cash or other alternative to the Prize stated and the Prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the Prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. Notwithstanding the above, in the event that the Prize is unavailable, due to reasons beyond the reasonable control of The 10:10 Foundation, The 10:10 Foundation may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the Prize offered under this Prize Draw, provided that any alternative prize offered in replacement of the Prize shall be of equal or greater value than the original Prize.
13. Each winner will be contacted by The 10:10 Foundation within ten (10) days of the end of the Prize Draw Period by email or telephone if provided at the time of entry.
14. If the winner cannot be contacted and/or does not confirm acceptance of his/her Prize within ten (10) days of notification then the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and The 10:10 Foundation shall re-allocate the Prize by choosing another winner at random from the other eligible Entries submitted during the Prize Draw Period. This process shall be repeated until a winner claims the Prize and is identified as the winner of that Prize.
15. Once we have successfully notified a Winner that they are eligible to receive a Prize, we will send that Winner their Prize via standard postal delivery within thirty (30) days of such successful notification.
16. The name and county of each Winner will be published on the 10:10 website following the decision of The 10:10 Foundation and acceptance of the Prize by the winner. By entering this prize draw, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
17. Entrants to the Prize Draw will be automatically signed up to the 10:10 campaign.
20. If any provision or part of these Terms is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Terms shall remain in force.
These terms and conditions (the "Terms") are the terms on which the websites set out below at section 1.4 (each a "Website" and collectively the "Websites") are made available to you (“You” / “Your”). By accessing any of the Websites You agree to be bound by these Terms so you should read them carefully before you start to use any of the Websites. If you do not agree to these Terms you must not use any of the Websites. You should keep a copy of these Terms for future reference. We may change the Terms from time to time so you should check them regularly to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
1. Information about us / general info
- We are The 10:10 Foundation, a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales with the Charity Commission under registration number 1157363 and our registered address is 10:10, 7th Floor, 90 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6XX, and the address at which we are established is 8a Delancey Passage London NW1 7NN ("We"/"Us"/"Our").
- If You have any questions, complaints or comments about a Website then You may contact Us on email@example.com.
- If You register to use a Website then You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and user name and are responsible for all activities that are carried out under them. We do not have the means to check the identities of people using the Websites and will not be liable where Your password or user name is used by someone else.
- The Websites that these Terms apply to are:
2. Making a donation
- Some of the Websites give you the chance to make a donation to Us. To make a donation, simply click the donation button on the relevant Website, select the amount that you would like to donate and follow the on-screen instructions to make Your payment.
- For more about how We will use those funds that you donate, please see the relevant Website. Sometimes we will use the funds you have donated, in combination with other donations, to invest in community energy projects. Such investments will be in Our name, and any returns We receive will help fund Our work supporting community energy in the UK.
- You confirm that the bank account from which payment is being made is Yours. All accounts may be subject to validation checks and authorisation. If Your bank refuses to authorise payment We will not accept your donation and We are not obliged to inform you of the reason for the refusal.
- We are not responsible for your bank charging You as a result of our processing of Your payment in accordance with Your donation.
3. Intellectual property rights
We (or our partners or licensors) own all intellectual property rights in the Websites and their contents including, without limitation, trademarks, logos, graphics, photographs, animations, videos and text. Other than as set out below in sections 3.3 and 3.4 (Creative Commons licence), Your use of any of the Websites and their contents grants no rights to You in relation to Our intellectual property rights and if you want to use any other materials or content from a Website, do just get in touch. Otherwise, You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, record, transmit, commercially exploit, edit, communicate to the public or distribute in any way the services, web pages or materials on the Websites or the computer codes of elements comprising the Websites other than for Your own personal use. Subject to the above, You may download insubstantial excerpts of this content to Your hard disk for the purpose of viewing it provided that no more than one copy of any information is made.
- The texts of our blog posts and articles are released under a creative commonslicence (please note that this does not relate to any of the images on our website or contained within any such posts or articles, just the text). The licence we use is the Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence. We also sometimes share or re-post articles or blog posts from third parties under other Creative Commons licences which have different terms to that mentioned above. Where applicable, we will state which licence applies and provide a link to it at bottom of the article. Before using the text of such an article or blog post, you should read the relevant licence to ensure that you comply with its terms.
- The full licence can be accessed here and you should read this before using the text of the blog posts or articles. By way of summary, you are free to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format; and
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material,
under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, andindicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests We endorse You or Your use; and
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legal.
4. Links to and from other websites
- We are happy for you to link to any of Our Websites but request that You do not remove or obscure, advertisements, the copyright notice or other notices on the Websites and that You stop providing links to the Websites if notified by Us.
- We may provide links to other websites from time to time on any of the Websites. These links are provided for Your ease of reference and convenience only and We do not control such third party websites and are not responsible for their contents. Our inclusion of links does not imply any endorsement of the material contained in such websites or any association with their operators. You acknowledge that We will not be party to any transaction or contract with a third party that You may enter into and We shall not be liable to You in respect of any loss or damage which You may suffer by using those websites.
5. Your use of the website / visitor material and conduct
- You agree that in using the Websites You will not:
- use the Websites in any way that may lead to the encouragement, procurement or carrying out of any criminal activity;
- email, transmit or otherwise disseminate any content which is defamatory, obscene, in breach of copyright, vulgar or indecent or may have the effect of being harassing; threatening, abusive or hateful or that otherwise degrades or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age or disability;
- advertise or promote third party or Your own products or services including by way of the distribution of 'spam' email;
- transfer files that contain viruses, trojans or other harmful programs; or
- access or attempt to access the accounts of other users or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Websites’ security measures.
- We reserve the right to suspend, restrict or terminate Your access to any of the Websites at any time without notice at Our discretion if we have reasonable grounds to believe You have breached any of the restrictions above.
- You confirm that all information and details provided by You to Us in using the Websites are true, accurate and up to date in all respects and at all times. You can update or correct your personal details at any time by contacting us via the details set out at section 1.2 of these Terms.
- In relation to content posted by other users of the Websites You acknowledge that We have limited control over the nature and content of such content. Although We reserve the right to do so, We may not monitor such content in the usual course of business and will not be liable for any such content. If You have a complaint about another user or content posted on any of the Websites please contact Us via the details set out at section 1.2 of these Terms.
- By submitting information, text, photos, graphics or other content to us via the Websites, You grant us a right to use this material as we like without any further obligation to You. This includes allowing Us to edit, copy, reproduce, disclose, post and remove the material from the Websites.
- We reserve the right to review and remove content on the Website in whole or in part and at any time, at Our discretion and without any obligation to do so, regardless of whether or not it is, in the opinion of anyone else, in breach of these Terms.
- We accept responsibility for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude any responsibility for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
- Whilst We use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to Our attention, We do not promise that the information on the Websites will be free from errors or omissions. We also do not promise that the Websites will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. Access to the Websites may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond our control.
- All content and services on the Websites are provided on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. We do not make any representation or give any promise (whether express or implied) in respect of the Websites or their content, including, without limitation, any advice given (on a personal or general basis) and statements made by partner organisations on or via the Websites. Any decisions or action taken by You on the basis of information provided on or via the Websites are at Your sole discretion and risk and You should obtain individual professional advice where necessary. Nothing in this section 6 shall restrict Your statutory rights (including Your rights to receive a reasonable standard of service).
- You have certain rights under the law. These include that we will provide any services to a reasonable standard and within a reasonable time. Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect these statutory rights. For more information about your statutory rights contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
- If the digital content 10:10 supplies on the Website causes damage to your device or to other digital content on that device and the damage is of a kind that would not have occurred if 10:10 had exercised reasonable skill and care in supplying the content, you are entitled to have the damage repaired within a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience or to be compensated with an appropriate payment. Any such repair or compensation shall be limited to £200.
- We are not responsible for: losses not caused by Our breach; indirect losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by You and Us at the time of entering into these Terms, for example loss of profits or loss of opportunity; failure to provide the Websites and service or to meet any of Our obligations under these Terms where such failure is due to Events Beyond our Control. “Events Beyond Our Control” means any cause beyond Our reasonable control which prevents Us from providing the service or fulfilling any of Our other obligations under these Terms and includes but is not limited to fire, flood, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, nuclear accident, terrorist activity and acts of God.
- Our liability in tort, contract, negligence, pre-contract or other representations or otherwise arising out of or in connection with and/or these Terms shall be limited in aggregate to £1,000 (one thousand pounds).
- If any provision of these Terms is found by a court or a regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- In the event of any dispute between You and Us concerning these Terms, relevant United Kingdom law will apply. If You wish to take court proceedings against Us You must do so within the United Kingdom.
10:10 takes privacy and data protection very seriously. We collect Your Data in order to inform You of the progress of the Organisation, respond to actions You have taken, and offer You personalised advice on reducing Your carbon footprint. We never collect more of Your Data than is necessary, nor do We hold it for longer than is required to fulfil Our purposes. You may request that Your Data is removed from our databases at any time by asking Us, or You may choose to unsubscribe from Our mailing lists by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the link in the bottom of all Our emails.
We will never sell Your Data from any of our Websites to third parties or make any of Your Data public without Your explicit consent. You may make a subject access request to Us, and ask Us to disclose all data that we hold on you, or that you have provided to us.
1. Your data
- Your Data” means any information about You from which You may be personally identified including Your name, address, email address, Facebook data, shopping/donation history and delivery address, and any other information from which You can be identified and which You may disclose to Us on Our Websites, in conjunction with the Organisation or otherwise at any time.
- Our Websites collect some or all of the following pieces of data about You:
- Which campaigns or topics you have expressed an interest in
- In addition, if on any of our Websites You choose to make a donation or carry out a financial transaction, some or all of the following information will be collected:
- Phone number
- Billing address
- Card number, expiry date and CVC
- Payment amount
- Product purchased or project donated to
- GiftAid declaration
- Accompanying message
- We may choose to make Your accompanying message public or provide it to a third party (for example, to the community energy project you donated towards on energydash.org). In these cases We will always ensure that the message has any personally identifying details removed from it.
- We may also receive information about You from other third parties that We work with (for example, business partners, subcontractors in technical and payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, and search information providers).
- In addition, if on any of Our Websites You choose to send correspondence to a representative, public or private body, or other party, the following information will be collected.
- Postal address
- Content of the letter
- We will always store Your letter for a minimum of thirty days. This is to ensure that the letter is sent via our systems, and to allow Us to conduct anonymous analysis of letters to establish their effectiveness. This will include data such as the number of letters sent, whether the people that sent them used any other services on our Websites, and recipient information such as open rates.
- We may choose to make Your letter public, or provide it to a third party (for example, handing all the correspondence written on a particular issue to the relevant government department). In these cases we will always ensure that the letter has any personally identifying details removed from it.
- We reserve the right to aggregate Your Data collected across our different Websites in order to ensure data accuracy and consistency, and make all efforts to prevent duplication of records. This is also to provide our employees with a single view of all our constituents and ensure that the services we offer to constituents are as relevant as possible.
2. When do we collect your data?
- We collect Your Data from you when you:
- sign up to participate in, support, or receive information about the Organisation , whether through our Websites, applications, sign-up cards or sheets, or through our online store, or via Our partners;
- make a donation or carry out a financial transaction, whether through Our Websites, pledge cards, or through personal contact with a staff member;
- choose to post Your Data when using any of our blogs, through our Facebook pages or forums through our Websites;
- make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback to Us; or
- otherwise disclose Your Data to Us through our Websites or otherwise at any time.
3. How do we use your data?
- We use Your Data to:
- publicise You as a participant in the Organisation on our Websites, but only where You have agreed to this;
- to administer Our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing research, statistical and survey purposes;
- monitor, develop, run and improve Our Websites and the Organisation and to measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising / marketing we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- process any requests from You to participate in, support, or receive information about the Organisation;
- send You information by email, Facebook message or post, tweet, or other means about the Organisation and, if You have agreed to do so, receive personalised advice on how to reduce Your carbon footprint through My 10:10 or other applications;
- in accordance with Your marketing preferences, pass Your Data to third parties for environmental marketing purposes as set out in section4 below;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about You;
- campaign on issues related to climate change and the environment where You have expressed a clear interest in such activity (e.g. sending a letter to a representative via our Websites).
- We may combine information that We receive from third parties with information You give to Us or We collect from You. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
- You have the right to ask Us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use Your Data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose Your Data to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise Your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect Your Data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Us email@example.com. Please understand that if You are receiving communications from these third parties already, You will need to refer to their privacy notice to stop receiving communications from them.
- You can also choose to not receive any communication from Us via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or any other social networking site where We have a presence by removing Yourself from Our pages/feeds in line with their own privacy notices. Note that you will still need to unsubscribe Yourself from our mailing list if you wish to stop receiving communication from Us altogether.
4. Will we pass on your data to third parties?
- We may share Your Data with any member of Our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- We will never sell or pass on Your Data to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent. We may pass Your Data to third parties as follows:
- we may pass Your Data to our employees, agents, subcontractors, funders, and partner organisations to help Us administer Our Websites and provide relevant information to You;
- Your Data may be transferred to a successor company or other organisation in the event of a sale or insolvency administration (but You will be notified and offered the chance to unsubscribe if this occurs);
- in some cases we may use subcontractors or partner organisations to conduct some processing of Your Data on our behalf, but this is always subject to strict contractual control and in compliance with UK data protection legislation; this may include using a third party to identify individuals from Our database who may be in a position to support our work further or take part in market research activities;
- only if You have given your consent for such purpose, We may pass Your Data to third parties so that they can send Your information about other climate change campaigns and information which may be of interest to You; and
- In addition, some general statistical information about Our user base may be passed on to reputable third parties for research purposes but these details will never include information personally identifying You.
- Remember that if You are using a blog comments section or forum on our Websites, any information about you which You choose to post will be available for others to see and We can’t control how they may use it. Please therefore exercise caution and think carefully before posting any personal information. Likewise, we require that You don’t post any personal information about other people without first obtaining their express consent to do so.
5. Data security, links and international transfers
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect Your Data. All Your Data collected by Us is stored on a secure server.
- Please act with caution when using blogs, forums and other applications as set out in 4.3 above.
- Please be aware that Our Websites may link to other websites which may be accessed by You. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, content or security of those linked websites.
- Your Data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Some of Our Websites may be hosted externally in the United States, for instance, so this means that Your Data will be held in the US on those servers. By using the Website(s) you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do Our best to protect Your Data, We cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted to Our Websites; any transmission is at Your own risk. Once We have received Your Data, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do use certain cookies as part of the Websites. For more information, see ourCookies Policy below.
7. Information about us
- We are The 10:10 Foundation, The 10:10 Foundation, a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered in England and Wales with the Charity Commission under registration number 1157363. Our registered address is 10:10, 7th Floor, 90 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6XX.
- We are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. Our registration number on the register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner is Z1891365.
8. Your rights
- Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If You follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before You submit any personal data to these websites.
- You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet Our costs in providing You with details of the information We hold about You.
- More information about data protection and Your rights of privacy can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.gov.uk.
This cookies policy applies to the following websites (each a “Website” and together the “Websites”):
What are cookies and do you use them?
Cookies are small pieces of information generated by webpage servers and stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We use certain types of cookies to let us know how visitors use our websites and make your navigation of the websites consistent and easy. They also help make the donation process smoother. They help us to improve our websites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. If you don't want us to use certain cookies on your devices, you can opt-out or block them – for more information see below.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them seewww.allaboutcookies.com.
What types of cookie are there?
The following are the main types of cookie that exist:
Strictly necessary cookies which are required for the operation of a website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Analytical/performance cookies which allow websites to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the website.
Functionality cookies which are used to recognise you when you return to a website, therefore enabling a site to personalise its content for you and to save your preferences.
Targeting cookies which record your visit to a website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. The information collected is used to personalise advertising and it may be shared with third parties.
What cookies do you use?
We use strictly necessary and analytical/perfomance cookies on our Websites. By using a Website you consent to us placing and using these types of cookies on your device.
For more information about the individual cookies that we use and their purpose, please see the table below:
Name Strictly necessary cookie
Type Session ID cookies
Purpose These cookies are used to support the donation functionality, and the question form.
Duration 23 days
Website(s) 1010uk.org, backbalcombe.org, keepfits.org, energydash.org
Name Strictly necessary cookie
Type Facebook cookies
Purpose These cookies are to enable visitors to share pages and articles on their Facebook pages
Duration 2 years
Website(s) 1010uk.org, energydash.org
Name Strictly necessary cookie
Type Twitter cookies
Purpose These cookies enable visitors to share pages and articles on their Twitter profiles
Duration 2 years
Website(s) 1010uk.org, backbalcombe.org, keepfits.org, energydash.org
Name Strictly necessary cookie
Type Font cookies
Purpose This allows custom fonts to load more quickly
Duration 2 years
Website(s) 1010uk.org, energydash.org
Name Analytical cookie
Type Google analytical cookies
Provider Google Analyitcs
Purpose These cookies are provided by Google and allow the website to count the number of visitors and to see how they move around the site.
Duration 2 years
Website(s) 1010uk.org, backbalcombe.org
Name Analytical cookie
Type Google analytical cookies
Provider Sumo me Analytics
Purpose These cookies are used to count the number of visitors and see how they move around the site
Duration 2 years
Can I disable cookies?
You can choose to disable cookies (through your browser settings) although you should be aware that this may prevent you from being able to use all parts of the Websites.